Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tofu and Green Bean Red Curry

2 1/2 cups of coconut milk (canned)
1 Tbs Thai Red Curry Paste (I am going to up the amount that I use as I love curry!!)
3 Tbs Thai fish sauce
2 tsp light brown sugar
3 1/4 cups button mushrooms (I am just using one package)
1 cup green beans trimmed (I am using frozen in place of fresh here)
6 oz firm tofu, rinsed (I am just using a small pckg of tofu here), cut into 3/4 inch cubes
4 kaffir lime leaves torn
2 fresh red chillis (I am using green as my grocery store didn't have red and I am using 5 instead of 2)
fresh cilantro leaves to garnish

Pour about one third of the coconut milk into a pan or wok. Cook until it separates and an oily sheen appears on the surface.

Add the red curry paste, fish sauce and sugar to the coconut milk. Mix thoroughly, then add the mushrooms. Stir and cook for one minute.

Stir in the remaining coconut milk. Bring back to the boil, then add the green beans and tofu cubes. Simmer gently for 4-5 mins more.

Stir in the kaffir lime leaves and sliced chillies. Spopon the curry into a serving dish, garnish with the cilantro leaves and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment